My favourite products shown above and the routine I use to keep my hair healthy.
- Shampoo - with Kerastase, twice as I only wash my hair three to four days.
- Conditioner - Smooth an even layer over the head massaging in and working down to the tips with Kerastase, leave for five minutes if possible.
- Rinse - with mineral water just on your last rinse and you will notice a difference. (it doesn't have to be evian! any cheap supermarket mineral water is fine)
- Wrap with a micro fibre hair towel until just damp.
- Comb gently through using a tangle teezer working each knot out softly.
- Protect and enhance smoothing Morrocan oil through the mids to end and comb through again.
- Air dry if possible once a week.
- Use a hair dryer with various hair settings and only start drying when hair is lightly damp.
- Likewise with hair tools, try and use tongs or straightners with adjustable heat settings.
- Finish with minimal styling products - a quick spritz of hairspray, shine spray, beach spray or texturiser. My choice is bumble and bumble surf spray.
My hair heroes I absolutely couldn't live without are the Tangle teezer - if you don't have one you should have!! They are brilliant at getting out any tangle without any pain.
The next is Moroccan Oil. I have just started using this as my new hairdresser used it on my hair, being an oil I thought it would weigh down my hair ( I have fine hair but loads of it) but it left my hair so smooth, and shiny and incredibly soft without weighing it down at all, in fact I would even say it had more bounce after using it. The oil is absorbed by your hair and even speeds up the drying process - brilliant! If you fancy trying it but don't want to pay the £29, you can buy a trial mini bottle which was £12, it also comes in a light version too and I will definitely be going back for a full size when it runs out.
The products that just missed out were the Touch of Silver shampoo and conditioner I have blogged about here and the Kerastase Ciment Thermique which is a treatment you smooth in after towel drying your hair off, it works to protect your hair from heat damage and works with your straightners and hair dryer. I know i'll go back to using this but for now im really happy with my new Moroccan oil and can't stop raving about it!